What it is
Forward Estate Planning is a one-month online estate planning program for Wisconsin residents. It makes getting your will, power of attorney for finances, and power of attorney for health care more affordable, more convenient, and better.
- The program takes place over one month.
- Each week focuses on a different aspect of your estate plan. You will learn about your rights in each area, then use an online app to guide you through creating your draft documents.
- Week 1 focuses on health care. By the end you’ll have your power of attorney for health care drafted.
- Week 2 focuses on financial affairs and legal rights. By the end you’ll have your power of attorney for finances drafted.
- Week 3 focuses on beneficiaries. By the end you’ll have your will drafted.
- Week 4 focuses on signing your documents and implementing your plan. By the end you’ll have your entire plan reviewed one-on-one by an attorney.
- Learning occurs through webinars, email, and online apps. You can complete everything on your own schedule.
- Throughout this process, you have access to me for any legal questions or guidance. I am your lawyer. By the end of the month we’ll also have a virtual meeting to review everything together.
- By doing the estate planning virtually, in a group, and with an emphasis on DIY, I can keep the cost low.
What it costs
For the first-ever Forward Estate Planning group, I am offering a first-adopter price of $100 per person ($200 per couple). The full price for future groups will be $225 per person ($450 per couple).
But you can get it any time for a flat $99 (even for a couple) through ARAG, a legal insurance company. You’ll have to sign up here, pay ARAG, and then either find me through the ARAG client portal or call ARAG customer service and request me (ARAG might only show you attorneys in your geographic area).
How to get started
The very first Forward Estate Planning group starts August 3. It’s limited to 10 participants and signups will be closed August 2.
The first step is to attend my Wisconsin Estate Planning 101 webinar. This is a free webinar that will teach you the foundational principles of estate planning and introduce my Forward Estate Planning process in more detail. After the webinar, you will receive a link to sign up for the August Forward Estate Planning group.
I will be presenting Wisconsin Estate Planning 101 two times in the last week of July. If you can’t make it, you should still register—you’ll receive an email to watch the recorded webinar after it’s done, and you’ll still get the chance to join the August group.
- Monday, July 27, 2020 at 12:15-1:00 p.m. Click here to register.
- Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 12:15-1:00 p.m. Click here to register.
Thank you for your interest. I’m excited to offer something truly unique with Forward Estate Planning. I hope it makes good, simple estate planning more accessible and affordable for everyone.